I will share delicious sesame biscuit recipe today. I actually have a difficulty to translate the name to English. I am sure when you saw the ingredients and photos, you can help me for naming the recipe. So I need help. These biscuits could go very well when it is tea time in the afternoon, if you would like to have something salty not sweet. I like the taste, and I can eat them anytime in a day. Let’s see what is coming:
Ingredients: 2 sticks butter, 1/4 cup olive oil, 4 tbsp plain yogurt, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp salt, 1 tbsp vinegar, 1 tsp sugar, 1 egg yolk ( leave the white for the egg wash), 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, for the topping 1/2 cup sesame.
- In a large mixing ball, Combine butter, olive oil, yogurt together, then add all the dry ingredients including vinegar.
- Knead the dough with hands or dough mixer until well combined.
- Give the shape to the dough as in the picture.
- Preheat the oven 400˚F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper get ready oven tray with wax paper.
- Place on prepared sheet and brush the tops with the egg white. Sprinkle the sesame over the brushed biscuits. You can roast the sesame before use it.
- You can cook the biscuits about 40 mins.