When I saw cauliflower-feta fritters on the smittenkitchen blog, I remembered zucchini fritters which is more common in Turkey. We liked the fritters with zucchini, however cauliflower sounded very good for me too. Let’s try !!
Ingredients: Small cauliflower, 250 gr. feta cheese, 1/2 all purpose flour, baking powder, salt, black pepper, garlic, 1 egg, olive oil, yoghurt.
1. Boil the cauliflower 15-20 minutes.
2. Sprinkle the feta cheese over the boiled cauliflower, mix them together and mash it into the small parts.
3. Combine egg, salt, black pepper, garlic and cauliflower- feta mixture.
4. Add flour and baking powder.
5. I have used one additional ingredient different from the original recipe which is parmesan cheese.
6. Heat the olive oil in the pan and scoop a tablespoon-size mound of the batter and drop it into the pan.
7. Cook the fritters until both sides get golden color on the surface.
These fritters should be served with yoghurt. The recipe worked well and I finished all of them in two days. On the second day I took them from the refrigrator, warmed them up in a pan for a few minutes.