I will give a quick dough recipe with yeast. I like the scones instead of breads with cheese especially in the breakfast. This time I have changed the usual dough a little bit and add some green ingredients like dill, green onion, parsley. The ingredients I have used for this recipe are very basic. I am sure it is possible to improve the dough. Yoghurt, eggs, buttermilk, cream could be the options to add. I would like to use yoghurt and egg to see the differences next time.
Ingredients: 1 glass milk, 1 table spoon sugar, fresh yeast, 1/4 glass of olive oil, 1/4 glass of water, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 glasses of flour and 2 glasses of whole grain flour, chopped fresh dill.
1. Add the fresh yeast to the warm milk (60-70˚C), water and sugar. In some articles, it is said that the fresh yeast should be proofed in the water only without sugar or salt, but it is common to melt the yeast in the warm milk with sugar in Turkey. I guess both ways would work. I have melted the yeast in the milk and sugar, and I had good result.
3. Mix the ingredients well to have nice dough.
4. Leave the dough to rise for more than 30 mins.
5. Shape the the dough like a ball with your hands.
6. Brush the egg yolks onto the shaped scones.
7. Place the scones on greased baking sheet and bake at 210˚C until scone tops are light brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Or until you smell very yummy flavor.