Here is another wonderful recipe that should be cooked regularly 🙂 Since the balls have strong onion taste, it could be preferred to eat in the dinner. I suggest you to eat it in the weekend afternoon. I don’t have too much time to cook several dishes for my dinners, I could only have the lentil balls alone and enjoy with them 🙂 Sometimes with tea or beer. I like the balls with lemon juice, but some people prefer it with lettuce.
After this recipe, I have learnt that the lentils are most commonly grown in Turkey, so that it could be difficult to find the lentils in US or in another country, especially the red ones. But I am sure, you should give it a try!!
1 cup red lentil, 2 cups fine cracked wheat (bulgur), 1 liter+1/2 cup water, 2 onions, 4 green onions, parsley, 1 spoon salt, 1/2 spoon black pepper, 1.5 spoon pepper paste, 1.5 spoon tomato paste, 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil.
- Boil the lentil with 1 liter water and salt aproximately 30 mins.
- Add the cracked wheat in the boiled lentil and leave it for 30 mins.
- Chop the onions and let it cook for 10 mins.
- Add the pastes and olive oil to the onions.
- Add the black pepper and 1/2 glass water to the onion and pastes mixture. And let it cooked for extra 10 mins.
- Chop the green onions and parsley into small parts.
- Knead all mixtures. Shape the final mixture into balls with hands.
- You can eat it with a few lemon drops on it.