Yogurt soup is a very well known and loved soup in Turkey. When I intended to cook soup first time many years ago, I have tried yogurt soup and I remember I was not successful at that time. I realized that there should have been some tricks to follow during cooking. A few days ago, I stopped by my best friend’s home, and she cooked yogurt soup. I finally felt that I learned how to cook it. Today I have made soup, and I was successful. So I would like to share the recipe with you.
1 egg, 4 table spoon flour, 4 glass yogurt, 5 glass water, chicken stock, 2 table spoon rice, 2 table spoon butter, 2 table spoon dried mint, pepper flakes, salt.
1. Mix egg, yogurt, and flour.
2. Add hot water slowly to the mixture while whisking.
3. Start cooking and add chicken stock, salt and the rice.
4. Cook until the rice is soft.
5. In a separate bowl, cook butter, mint and pepper flakes.
6. Add to hot melted butter to the soup. It is ready to serve.