In the week days I am at work and I miss the sun light to take a photo and I also almost miss time to cook!! After start writing blog I do not find worthy to cook if I don’t have the light and have a chance to take its photo. So I usually arrange cooking at weekends unless I have friend to visit me at dinner time. I don’t care photography if I cook for my guests. I enjoy when I share the food I cook. This sounds familiar, I think I said this before. Repeating myself at this subject is not a problem, because this is true!
Since the winter has come I may have lack of light in the weekend too. But I am not worried. Winter light could be nice too.
I tried Apple Galette last weekend. I would like to share it as well. I read the recipe from a few blogs. Finally I have choosen to follow Cafe Fernando’s website. He did the galette with plum instead of apple.
2 apples (I used one green, one red)
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the crust:
125 gr. butter
1 and 1/2 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup cold water
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1. Cut the butter into cubes
2. Combine the flour and the butter in the processor. Pulse it a few times
3. Add the sugar, salt, water and vinegar and pulse it a few times more
4. Wrap the dough with the plastic. Put the dough in the refrigretor for an hour
5. Onto the parchement paper, flat the dough with rolling pin
6. In a seperate bowl mix the water, sugar and cinnamon
7. Place the apple slices onto the dough. Sprinkle the sugar, water mixture on the apples.
8. Bake the apple and the dough for about 45 minutes in the preheated oven with 175 ˚C.