Who can resist beatiful blackberries and its fantastic sour. I love blackberries. It is not only I like them and also for a long time I was planning to make crumble with blackberry because of some of my memories. People usually don’t know crumble recipe in Turkey. I first eat this in England where we picked the blackberries from the tree. It was a blackberry time and it is a that time they always make crumble every year. I was lucky to be there at that time. I have never forgotten the taste for almost ten years. Blackberry crumble was always in my to do list. Finally I had a chance yesterday night. After I got home from work, I went to a supermarket to buy a few things. I was planing to cook oat pudding with apple. When I was buying apple, I saw the blackberries. Then I directly buy it and go home with a bit smile on my face.
I have checked a few food blog that I regularly read. I chose two of them to follow the recipe. But at the end I used my sense, mixed two recipes in my mind. One recipe was from www.101cookbooks.com, the other one from www.whatkatieate.com
500 gr. blackberry,
1 cup whole flour,
1/2 cup brown sugar,
1/2 cup rolled oats,
2/3 cup butter,
2 teaspoon caster sugar
1. Place the flour in a bowl, cut the butter into cubes and add the butter to the flour. I mixed flour and butter with wooden spoon until the mixture is like a sand.
2. Stir in brown sugar and oats. Continue mixing with spoon until all mixed well.
3. Lay the blackberries into the baking dish and sprinkle with the caster sugar.
4. Add the flour micture onto the blackberries.
5. Bake in the 180˚C preheated oven about 30 minutes.
I started getting exciting while it was cooking. Because the smell was amazing. When it is cooked I took a few photo. I served the crumble with vanilla ice-cream. Finally I taste the crumble and it was just perfect. This is the most delicious thing I have made for a long time at least as a desert. The crumble was hot and the ice-cream was melting when I ate.
I couldn’t stop eating another spoon of crumble.