I have finally put these two words together: chocolate and zucchini!! Because I believed to find a worth recipe this time…It is from theitaliandishblog.com…I start thinking that it was a good idea because I smell something delicious now..I am impatient to take its photos and serve it to my friends who could be unwilling to think zucchini in the cake! (:
Of course it is a good idea, we are about enter zucchini season and we may need chocolate in this raining days in June..
3 cups flour, 2 table-spoon cacao
1 packet baking powder, 1 packet vanilla, 1 teaspoon salt
125 gr. butter, 1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 cup shredded zucchini
1/2 cup buttermilk ( It is said that instead of buttermilk you may use 1/2 cup milk with a half table-spoon vinegar. I have just milk)
1. Preheat oven 180˚C. Grease the cake pan.
2. Mix flour, cacao, vanilla, baking powder, salt together and set aside.
3. Shred the zucchini and set aside.
4. Beat sugar and butter with electric mixer for 3-4 minutes and add vegetable oil, then the eggs.
5. Mix all dry, wet ingredients, shredded zucchini and chocolate togather and mix with electric mixer for a minute.
6. Put everything in the pan and cook about an hour.