When I first read about this recipe I like the idea bread with beer. I am not used to beer as an ingredient in the bakery. But I like itself very much. I really wondered how it would taste and then I tried..
At the end the scones were delicious. I eat them with cheese eventhough it has cheese in it.
I read this recipe from http://circle-b-kitchen.squarespace.com
3 cups flour
1 table-spoon sugar
1 table-spoon salt
1 table-spoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cups minced fresh green onion (only green parts)
2 table-spoon Dijon mustard
1 table-spoon olive oil
1 cup beer
1. Mix all the dry ingredients.
2. Whisk 1 egg, 1 cup beer and the mustard.
3. Add beer mixture to the dry ingredients. At the end the dough should be handled and should be enough moistened. If not, add some flour until it is easy to give it a ball shape.
4. Heat the oven about 200ºC. Place the ball shaped scones on the tray. Whisk one egg in a small ball and brush over scones.
5. Bake the scones about 25 minutes until they have golden color on top.